This blog will be used to discuss issues, questions, concerns and ideas dealing with a wide range of topics, relating to The American Legion. As National Legion College Graduates, we hope you will utilize your knowledge of The American Legion to engage and challenge your fellow graduates. We hope you will lead this organization to face the challenges ahead. There are no formal guidelines to how to blog. We encourage everyone to comment.

The American Legion Headline Animator

Monday, November 5, 2007

Today was a great day!

Even though I didn't get enough sleep for the past two days, I am still motivated. I am a Disable Veteran with PTSD and a year ago I wouldn't entered a room full of people. Also I wouldn't had have the courage to get up in front of a large group of people and speak. Today I presented a presentation that our group prepared as a team. I got up in front of a room full of Legionaries and I spoke. I was feeling panicky and very nervous,but I did feel also proud that I did it.

Going on the field trip helped me too. The section I volunteered at was the Day Treatment Center which was a clinic to that assisted Veterans with mentally issues, Some of the Veterans had some severe mental health issuse,PTSD,and drug and alcohol abuse too. I found out that there are many wonderful programs in Indianapolis that can help Veterans with Mental Health issues.

I really like the mentor and the group that Iam assigned too.

Lisa Groves

No comments: